As Florence moves closer to our area, now is the time to make sure you have implemented some basic risk management.
1. Review your insurance documents so you know the name of your insurance carrier, policy number and claims reporting number.
2. Take a video of your personal inventory with your cell phone.
3. Gas up your vehicles, charge your devices, secure your outdoor furniture and get plenty of bottled water, batteries and food that doesn’t need refrigeration.
4. Fill up your freezer with jugs of water, let freeze and you can extend the time for frozen items.
5. Be patient. This could be a long, wet event with the possibility of many trees down and power outages.
Should you have a claim, secure the property best you can and further protect it. Tarp it, board it, keep it dry if possible and take photos. Save receipts as they can be submitted for reimbursement for your claim.